Sunday, February 8, 2009

I scream "thirty"!

I have never expect that I could be a bit productive over the weekend . . . after three failures all in one day last Thursday (where 1) I got late for PoS61 class because I slept and while sleeping, I think I was dreaming about Jan and to my surprise when I woke up, she was the first person I saw, but still I was late, 2) Got surprised by a quiz in Psych, wherein I did not study at all, and 3) I got surprised . . . AGAIN  for PoS53 with a quiz that I haven't studied), and a revealing level up last Friday (from a F first long test in Spanish I got a B this time in the second long test . . . well it DOES pay to study after all), I started to psyche up to doing my stuff over the weekend. So, during the weekend:

1) I finished my two pending articles,
2) I have started (and currently doing) my Psych Behavior modification plan called "Let's kill the night",
3) Finished my Thinkpiece,
4) Attain a 30% done status with the second round of EB Race requirements, and 
5) Giving the final decision for Friday the 13th madness, that I will just give the red rose to Jan directly instead. After all, she knows that I like her, so why give it secretly anyway?

I must be inspired somehow at this rate; in fact, I have also just finished one of my last sets of interviews needed for my PoS53 research. And for tomorrow, I plan to study real hard for Theo and do Spanish stuff (since I want a blogging break for tonight)

Other thoughts for today:
1) It is a pain for me not being able to have a midnight snack. I mean, it is just the second day of my behavior modification experiment, and I feel so frustrated that there is a lot of yummy food in the fridge right now, but I feel repressed that I couldn't since I am doing a experiment to myself. I wonder if I accomplish this experiment for the week, would it help me have a better diet and thus, helping me live a healthy life?

2) I am itching to use my camera nowadays, but because of busy schedules, I wasn't able to do so. but a while a go, I was able to grab the opportunity to take shots; I was impressed at how contrasty my pictures were at the procession I covered a while ago. Also, looking back at my old photo albums, specifically the ones where I just had my DSLR, that I happened to improve in my photography skills after a year and two months. I want to improve further though, and I can do that through constant practice of using my camera.

3) In relation to my camera, I am itching to buy some upgrades to it, but because of financial crisis problems, I am prevented to do so. Thankfully, I got the basics covered (flash, 50mm lens, battery grip), but I think I need to buy a new battery pack and a new bag first before getting new lens. For the former, the generic one I bought last year seems to be conking out of me (yup, 600 bucks wasted) so I think I need to buy a new one soon (and this time I'll get the original one . . . the one that came with the camera is working far much better than the generic one I bought three months after having my DSLR). As for the latter, my current bag is sort of cramped that I couldn't even put my tele lens in it. In other words, I need a bigger camera (and possibly laptop) bag. But that would cost me thousands of bucks you know (and I am still itching for a 17-40L right now; a 24-70L is favorable but saving up the sum of a semester's worth of tuition would kill me to death)

4) I still couldn't believe with my two eyes that I am running for News Editor. WHAT AGAIN? I know. Being the sucky writer I am now, I couldn't picture myself manning over the news staff. Yet. But recently, I got a bit pissed on my co-staffers not submitting their articles on time, that caused me to send them text messages and emails containing messages in all caps, showing my temperament is going to go hell loose real soon. Well sorry guys if I acted a bitch; I just want you guys to be responsible enough that's why.

5) It is five days before the attempt. Yes, it is five days before friday the 13th madness aka Valentine's eve. For this year, I said to myself that I will sacrifice a few bucks for a red rose, which I will give to Jan directly. Well not that I am making an attempt to court her (hello: she's gonna finish college real soon), but I want to give it to her out of being friendly to her. Well if ever people would say that I am doing this because I like her, well that's the point; only thing is that in this case, she knows about it and she accepts the fact that I like her for who she is. That's why I decided not to give it secretly but to give it directly to her. I hope I succeed on this attempt.

That's all in my mind for now. I hope a lot of good things would happen for the coming weeks. Ta-Da!

No comments: