Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blue plaid polo, loose jeans, and funky shoes.

And the title itself states my sense of fashion  for today. Aside from it, I also sport a new haircut as well to complete my get-up for today. So, what's special with today? Well it's basically a happy Tuesday! I emphasize on such as it is very rare for me to have such, given the hectic schedule I have during T-Th. And how did it started? Here's the narration:

First thing I did was to get my Thinkpiece and the old general writing exam printed at RSF, since my printer's busted at home. Then went to Matteo, and started reorganizing my files in  the laptop. I have to improve my file organization though, so that I would have less hassle in finding my files. After some organization, I went to the Pub and read a chapter of Foucalt's Discipline and Punish for PoS61. Went to PoS61 class, and thank God my intuition told me to print my Thinkpiece, as RR collected it. We didn't have that much of a lesson for today, thanks to a lot of jokes (of both decent and subliminal) from our class, but, I have learned something at least about politics being just a show and should not be taken seriously (indeed it is actually if you would reflect on Philippine politics).

After 61, I went back to the Pub, and Bea accompanied me to the Caf for the yummy and healthy sandwich I am currently addicted at (clue: it is at Caf up) and while in the Caf, we were sort of talking about EB race stuff, and I kept on insisting that I'll not make it to the first cut (which apparently, I was wrong). Went back to the Pub, then went straight to Psych class well prepared.

Going to Psych class, I had a funny moment. While Kylie Minogue's "All I See [is You]" was playing in my iPod, I suddenly came across notebook, and immediately said hi to her, with a satisfying smile in return. I know it is a coincidence, but nonetheless, it was a really good coincidence on my part.

During Psych class, I freaked out as Ma'am has the test papers with her. I thought it was doomsday for me. Apparently, it was not. Studying more with the book this time and less with my personal notes, I actually got a score that I guessed and hope for (a 50/60). Five points above my first long test, and I was happy to get a decent one for the second round. Now Psych has been a pleasure to study, as I love the topics we discuss in class (and relating to them actually).

Then came another doomsday class: PoS53. First thing LYJ did was to give out the interviews we made so that we could check our scores. To my surprise, I got this combo: 10/10, 10/10, and 9/10 (compared to 7/10 and 9/10 in the first set). Impressive much, I know, but that's not the highlight of this class. The REAL highlight was the return of our doomsday quiz. To my surprise, I got a decent 17/20 where I was expecting like a 5/20 as she gave us that quiz AND I didn't study about it at all. Good thing we were allowed to use the readings during the quiz, and I should thank Adobe Acrobat Pro for the help it gave me during the quiz (why? because I discovered that I can highlight and put side notes on PDF files, thanks to this nifty program I have in my laptop; and not just I save money from photocopying expenses, I help in conserving trees as well :) Oh the wonders of technology).

After that, I went to the processing session for NSTP with Vic, Jekoy, Luis, Camille B., Camille C., and Mickey. We did had a fun time debating on our conflicts and priorities in making the most out of 10m pesos, given the projects that we selected (oh, it's a game by the way). It was a meaningful session for me to know about how to help a nation build up, minus the corruption and the bad shizz in the government, and I was in a feeling leader mode (and Luis as well) in deciding on how to manage the 10m pesos. NSTP never felt this relevant for me.

I was suppose to go home after the processing session, but Jan insisted to have our one-on-ones today, so I gave in (I initially refused because I feared that she might be in a bitch mode to me. Hello: Senior Ed>Me) and we had the one-on-one a while ago. Surprisingly, it was not what I expected of her. I thought she would be mean and heartless and probably break my feelings. It was absolutely not that way.

Instead, Jan was the same kindhearted, sweet girl I have first met during my entry into the Guidon News Staff. She was concerned about me and my requirements, and she kindly discussed my performance in it. Well performance-wise, I was below average for the requirements. The reason? Bad sentence structures and incomplete details to my essays. Jan did have a point there, and I just agreed to it. Thank God she remained the same sweet girl she was to me. That made me feel much lighter.

And as promised, she told the that secret, and I laughed at what the secret is all about. Essentially, it is just about accusing her of flirting me, which I told to her that it was just a joke of mine to her. Believe me, I have been teasing Jan since last year, starting with the Cleopatra joke, so the teasing thing to her was for me a normal thing. What's important for me is the fact that she's cool about me liking her, and that makes me feel really good. I've never met a girl like Jan who is very sane especially if someone likes her and admits to her directly. How I wish Notebook was that already.

Ending my one-on-one with the ever nice and sweet Jan Lane, I asked again about her grad picture. Good news is that she might give me one! Yay! Although I might have to wait, as she needs to have it recopied as a couple of people are asking her grad picture as well. I still keep up my hopes of obtaining one from her.

And to end this, I would like to thank Jan (and the Senior Eds) for having trust in me, despite my shortcomings. A 2.85 grade was a surprise for me, since I thought that I would be booted out of the race. Nonetheless, the Senior Eds have faith in me.

And to Jan, I would like to thank you for being the my favorite News Staffer (save from Ayee) ever. 

Gotta study now, or do EB requirements! Ta-Da!

No comments: