I love it :) Seeing two "significant people" all in one day makes me happy already. And also, I still couldn't imagine how I managed to squeeze in 5 papers for the week, and two quizzes, and a movie viewing and the usual journalist work. :) I'm sometimes impressed with how I seem to manage things no matter how hell-ish or how many they could be. Or maybe it is the fact that we got to talk to each other after so long that triggered my state of euphoria that I am experiencing right now. It seems that now I have this sudden ability to do powerful and meaningful bursts with all of my assigned work.
And all of the sudden I found my love in journalism AND politics, despite the latter being brutally hard for me. Whether my application for shifting gets accepted or rejected, I will never forget those wonderful thoughts made by the God, RR Raneses. He may be a bit brutal, but like the saying about terror teachers, "it's not the grade, but the experience that counts." A good stepping stone for me before aspiring my dreams of getting Fr. Dacanay for Theology next year.
And speaking of my camera buying aspirations, I've just realized that for the past 8 months, I managed to get 1) New Batteries, 2) A decent flash, 3) An extra battery, 4) A telephoto lens, 5) An extra Memory card, and 6) A battery grip. It makes me wonder how no matter how expensive these gears would be (to the point that I get my allowance from my mom IN ADVANCE), I still have the determination to save up for them. Next target: MY dream lens :)
But just a break from those lucrative ways of shelling out cash. After getting the 'grip, I've decided to give myself a break from saving up for camera stuff and instead save it up for other stuff, most probably a new jacket, a new phone, or those funky shoes.
I don't know what's wrong with me, but seriously speaking, despite being hell month (and add the first two weeks of October as part of it because of the finals and my Uncle's wedding right after my finals), I still manage to put that smile in my face. Just like how Bobbi, Liting and Moklo manage to put the smiles on their faces despite working for twelve hour straight as transporters of thousands of sacks of cement in Dapitan, Mindanao (as presented through Ditsi Carolino's award-winning documentary, Minsan lang sila bata).
After all, there is no such thing as impossible.
No comments:
Post a Comment