First semester for me is basically filled up with mostly PolSci majors and some core subjects (like Filipino, History, and Socio-Anthro). This is the start of me getting to know more about my majors ;) so here is my first impressions for my T-TH schedule:
Sa21 - Well I do agree with Martin that Czar Medina is a fun teacher in SA. Hooray for me. ;) And it is actually hard to notice that she's actually a teacher the way she dresses up (hey, she's just 21 anyway haha). With the activities in line for this subject, I'm sure this is one absolutely fun subject. With things like breaching experiment, Ecopark field trip, Araneta center amazing race, and all sorts of activities, I could say that Socio-Anthro would be a fun subject for me.
As for classmates, well I'm with 1/2 of my I1 block plus 1/2 of the AB-MA PoS (aka the "superior" PoS people haha just kidding) block (hello Pia and Eloise! Hello Geelo too!) plus a couple of students from various courses (like Managment or IS).
Overall evaluation: It's a fun subject, yet you get to learn stuff.
Pos60 - First things first, although some of my friends told me that RR Raneses is a terror teacher (well as if I had a choice 'coz I'm a PolSci major anyway), I wouldn't exactly say that he is a terror teacher. A strict teacher would be a better definiton (like hello if he was a terror teacher then how come the students aka us PolSci majors still get to laugh at his jokes ;) ). With requirements like two 12-15 page "short" papers (in SINGLE SPACE), a penalty of a one-page (SINGLE SPACE AGAIN :|) summary of the lesson on the day that you were absent / cut classes, having 40 page-long readings as an assignment given on the first session alone (and i could only get it by tomorrow AND we should be prepared with them on the next day . . . which translates to crunch time :|), AND an oral exam as the finals (yikes!!!), it's a surefire shock therapy to me (where my mind is telling me "get serious bitch!!! or else!!!").
I may be complaining at first, but I still felt thankful that I only need to deal with tons of readings. at least I do not need to suffer with calculus or accounting or comparative anatomy or -insert hated subject here-. And for the oral exams thingymajig, i just thought of this as a preparation for Theology (Which I will be taking next semester . . . double yikes!!!). As for the "short" papers, at least my extreme suffering i had when doing the ARP during English 12 will pay off as my research writing knowledge is greatly needed while I do those seemingly long and extensive papers (where your usual last second cramming may occur).
As for classmates well its the same with my SA class (1/2 I1 classmates, 1/2 AB-MA PolSci people which includes Geelo, Pia and Eloise) plus a couple of notable students (like Jauro Castro, who is now a PolSci major), and a couple of students who are taking this as a free elective (in other words, seniors haha).
Overall evaluation: Very demanding and very strict, but it will serve as a training ground for Law School (IF I pass Ateneo Law that's the case ;) )
Other stuff for today:
1) For the first time, I drove to Ateneo alone without any problems ;) driving at around 6am is a breeze as you avoid those annoying bus, jeepney, taxi, tricycle, and all sorts of annoying drivers. Also, I was able to park my car successfully (and get out with a little difficulty). So yeah, it's an accomplishment for me. But I would still need some help from our driver (who goes to Ateneo when I'm going home . . . speaking of being very concerned about me ;) ) in getting out of the parking slot safely (I need to practice more on parking, which is considered by many the hardest part of driving). Time will come I will be able to do these things properly even if I drive alone.
2) Had a "power meal" early in the morning (which comprises of two whole wheat pan de sal and a banana) as my breakfast. It's one healthy way of starting the morning right that I'm sure (well I thank my mom for this ;) )
3) Bonded with my H classmates and talked about stuff, and we welcome Gian Ludovice to the Ateneo (congrats bro!)
4) Got my ID, and thank God my photo this year is more decent and less sabog compared to the photo of my ID last year. :D
5) Had my Alumni card replaced, and it's gonna take three weeks for it to be replaced. Great.
6) Had to shell some money for those PoS60 readings (which must be read by Thursday but no I'm getting my copy tomorrow . . . good luck to me with reading those 50+ pages)
7) Still need to pay that annoying locker fine (my fault so I'm not complaining here except for the fact that I need to pay the fine).
8) I hope she doesn't see me. Seriously.
COMING UP: The Major attack (MWF edition)
No comments:
Post a Comment