Well it is both exciting and scary for me. exciting because I am finally free (well, almost, since my Lolo insist of making the driver go to Ateneo when I'm going home . . . speaking of protection) to drive by myself. Excited also since after two years of studying how to drive, I have finally mastered the basics of my car (which is a 8 year-old Toyota Revo diesel . . . although I get to drive my Lolo's Civic, I still preferred this since it is cheaper to use a diesel car, and with the ballooning prices of gasoline, gas expenses is a big problem especially when you are the one driving).
Worried in the sense that with me driving alone, no one is there to tell me "the car's near you", "you are going to hit the post!", "turn there", "stop", or whatever instructions my driver (who is also my teacher) would give me. Because of that, I will solely depend on my five senses (well six if you include common sense haha), but hey, driving alone is scary especially in the Philippines where you face bad drivers like taxi drivers, bus drivers, jeepney drivers, or your typical rich-ass-bastard-in-a-big-SUV who would either cut you, race against you, or do some trash talk with you. It's a dangerous world out there indeed.
Aside from the bad drivers worry, my next worry is a thing called parking. Well yes, parking is among one of the worries of your typical college student who brings his / her own car to school. With the limited parking space, it is bad news to college student drivers who have late classes. Fortunately, thanks to early classes from Mondays to Thursdays (well for friday I'll worry about that later haha fixing that problem is somewhat easy trust me ;) ), I will need to come early to school and coming early to school means I have a broader choice on where to park my car (and that's very important considering the heat / rain / other weather disturbance that may happen anytime).
So yeah, it's me alone tomorrow. Driving.
First day of school, yet I have to fix up certain matters. I have to get my ID and have it validated, pay the locker fine (how stupid of me to forget that I have a locker . . . well that's what you get for using your locker as a storage for soiled clothes during PE, which will not be a problem anymore since i have my own car parked within Ateneo), and finalize my articles for Guidon (JUST A PLUG: Watch out for the June 2008 issue of the Guidon!!!). Aside from that, I will also go to the Almuni office to request for my alumni card to be replaced (well my card got damaged . . . for no reason! It's a defective card oh well . . . )
It's just the start, yet I have things to do early on.
Just a thought: With the ballooning prices of goods especially gasoline, most of my friends from the South or from some place that is really far from Ateneo are starting to live in cozy condos to save gas. Is it worth living in a posh, 100 square meter-ish condo with just you alone (or maybe with some roommates), living without your family? Is it worth doing most of the things yourself (ie. washing clothes, cleaning room, organizing stuff etc. etc.)? Well I think it's worth it. It does teach you maturity and independence for one thing but I was just wondering what would be my life if I lived in a condo far away from my family (since my house is 20 minutes approx. from Ateneo WITHOUT traffic but with traffic only God knows). Yes I'm wondering at this point.
How can living alone change your life? With that question I end this blog. See you in school!
No comments:
Post a Comment