Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Major attack (MWF edition)

I do love surprises, whether it is pleasant or unpleasant.

Tai-Chi (Mondays and Wednesdays exclusive) - Despite being an early class (my class is at 7am-8am), I still took it as I have this very desire to learn the art and form of Tai-Chi (well during Edwin Ang's demonstration,I come to realize that I could apply some of the skills I have learned from Taekwondo). Well aside from my desire to learn the art, I also chose this as a form of relaxation and warm-up in preparation for my Academic-heavy day that awaits me.

I was kind of expecting that most of my classmates would be freshies, but Pia was my classmate too (Which makes her my perpetual classmate for second semester . . . We are classmates for SA, PoS60, PoS51, AND PE, and that translates to her being my classmate from Monday to Friday . . . hello Boss Pia!!!)

Edwin Ang is a nice funny guy that makes learning Tai-Chi fun, so my impression for his class is a fun class to begin with. I love Tai-Chi :D

Western History - Boo. Andrea Jalandoni didn't arrive during our Hi18 class, so it was a freecut for us. So I still don't know is she's a terror teacher or not :|

Anyhow, I happen to know a couple of people in my Hi18 class (hello to Don Faylon, Joselle, Joan, and many others ;) ). Yet, I consider this class as a class of intrigue. Why such? Because my wish was fulfilled (so yeah be really really careful for what you wish for because it does come true hahaha), and lo and behold, the uber-cute-girl-from-R36 is my classmate, but she's with her boyfriend. Boohoo. I don't seem to enjoy this kind of scene every MWF (but thank God there is Tai-Chi where I could vent out easily and come to Hi18 class in a cool, calm, undisturbed state), and I don't really like seeing her bf doing their thing during class, but who cares? As long as she's my classmate I am already happy.

Frankly speaking, I do not know if I should be happy of pissed with my MWF scene / sessions with my classmates (especially uber-cute-girl-from-R36). Happy because hello my "dream" girl (well dream lang kasi taken eh boohoo :(( ) is my classmate but annoyed because she's with her bf (I'm not angry at her bf but I think her bf is angry with me yikes :| ), but it's not a problem with me. Inspiration is inspiration, and nothing can stop that. And the fact that the queen of intrigues (yes Joan ikaw yun haha) is my classmate its going to be one hell of a class.

As for my professor I'll get to know by Friday hopefully. ;)

Hi18 is one hell of a class. Yeah!

Fil14 - Same I1 friends, but this time we are together with the LM people (hello Krys, Cham, Kristine, Kristal, and Javy! ;) ) and since our block knows most of them it was a noisy environment inside the Berchmans AVR (the ONLY class I have that has an airconditioned room thank God).

Dr. Respeto seems to be a nice professor, and famous too (my friend told me he made some book that is well-known but I still have to verify this bit of information). Although strict (because of his rules with regards to attendance and tardiness) and possibly boring (but hey first impressions never last ;) ), I do expect that I am going to learn a lot of him, considering his great knowledge to the history of the Filipino language. So yeah, he's not a terror teacher and it seems that I'll be appreciating Filipino more than ever (thanks to my former Filipino professors in college Ms. Glenda Oris and Ms. Pamela Cruz for making me appreciate Filipino and seeing our native language in a whole different perspective)

PoS51- Well not that much to comment here since my class here is basically like my PoS60 class except that Diana Mendoza has a nice, encouraging attitude towards us (as compared to the "terror kuno" of RR Raneses . . . well he may be a terror during class but he's a nice dude outside the four walls of the classroom trust me). I meant encouraging as she was encouraging us regular PoS majors (not the AB-MA people ok) to work hard and be part of the AB-MA program. Well yeah, she seems nice and is kind in terms of giving grades (easy A? Well I'll know by the end of this semester wahahaha :)) ). Not much to comment but yeah I'm beginning to like the idea and concepts of Political Science. :)

PoS100 -Fun subject? Well I guess so since Pilar Berse for me is a mix of Diana Mendoza and Czarina Medina in terms of teaching style and attitude. Not that much to talk about since I'm basically with the I1 block plus seniors who are taking it since everyone is required to take PoS100 (yup yup its a core subject haha)

I'm interested in this subject since its going to be dealing with Philippine politics and yeah I want to go in-depth with that matter especially with the corruption part. Wow, now I am beginning to love my course (and yes I'm no longer shifting ;) at the most I'll do a minor hopefully in economics)

Thoughtbox:

-
Instead of paying 150 pesos for my locker violation, I had to pay 200 pesos because I left a book inside! Dammit! (thank God I'll not be needing a locker because 1) I have a car where I could dump my stuff, and 2) I can use AnnaB's cabinet to keep my books because I have a lot of books especially for PoS60)

-Reading 60 pages as your first assignment was more of an "initiation" of how would law school life would be (my cousin and other friends in law school told me that they had to read hundreds of pages worth of cases for a test like twice a week . . . now that's uber hardcore!)

-Photocopying books needed for PoS60 plus having them binded at Ateneo = SAVINGS!!! (I'm not willing to shell out thousands of pesos on books that I'll be using for just one semester . . . well unless my subject is something like calculus or accounting hahaha)

-It rained like hell a while ago, and it looked like it was signal number three in the Ateneo campus. Yes, it was that scary.

-I'm hyperactive for some reason by now haha. That's what I got from reading 60 pages of a reading assignment for PoS when you realize that you don't have PoS60 class tomorrow thanks to a mass (well I'll use that time for something else haha)

-I'm more than halfway to my 16k objective! Woohoo!!

-For some unexpected reason, Tamale said hi to me a while ago as we saw each other. Haha. Things are surprising these days ;)

No comments: