Tuesday, October 14, 2008

First few days of SemBreak

So how's my SemBreak? Well quite hectic though but I manage to rest in between. Just to sum things up:

Oct.10-11: Stayed in Hotel Intercontinental and went to Sanctuario for my Uncle's wedding, then reception at Polo Club afterwards . . . the next day, I accompanied my Lola to Rustans (since it is just walking distance from the hotel).

Oct. 12: Went out to cover the La Naval Procession. I literally ran a couple of kilometers just to catch up and get pictures. Yes, VERY tiring

Oct. 13-Today: Rest mode (although I am sort of sick . . . damn you sore throat) since I'll be leaving tomorrow for the TGGO (aka The Great Guidon Outing)

And for other stuff:
-My dad's Sony Batteries + Charger = FAIL. 
Because things went a bit shitty before the wedding as my batteries weren't charged properly, I had to run to Park Square 1 to buy a new set of batteries. Then I came across GP's Recyko green technology rechargeable (similar with Sanyo's Eneloop . . . but the Eneloop set was way more expensive :|), bought them, and used them for the wedding shooting. An almost epic fail, but I was able to solve things in a jiffy (and also remove the Eneloop batteries in my Christmas wishlist)

-My Sennheiser PX200s = RIP. 
After three years of heavy use (mind you, I'm the type of person who listens to his iPod A LOT), my favorite headphones just went loco, thanks to loose wiring and age. Now I have to settle with my earphones (which was newly replaced . . . and hey the sound quality is good also ;) ). So instead of new batteries, a new set of headphones would replace it in my wishlist (preference? Sennheisers OR a Skullcandy)

-New phone! 
Yes, after losing my phone (and buying a cheap, used phone), I have finally saved up enough money to buy myself a new phone (and promise to myself NOT to lose it again). I was suppose to get a 7210 supernova I have been dreaming of, but I end up getting the "more stylish" 6300 Black instead. No big deal here since they essentially have the same specs, and at least it is not like the iPhone which for me is a definite rip-off (for 37k or 43k, I'll 1) Buy L lens for my SLR, 2) Get an N96 or and N95 8gb as both models have more bang for the buck, or 3) Save it and place it in the bank and make it earn some interest)

-Tech Lust! 
Apple has just released the new MacBooks and MacBook pros today. And I like the new MacBook primarily because it is made of aluminum (and that means goodbye dirt and cracks :D), plus the fact that it packs a decent videocard (good for Photoshopping or Gaming, assuming I find decent games for a Mac), and the LED cinema display for the new laptops is uber cool too! They are worth it much better now as compared to the previous models (FYI my MacBook is suffering from the cracks . . . arrrgh)

Upcoming! The Great Guidon Outing tomorrow! Yay! (my first time ever to go somewhere else and STAY overnight :D)



No comments: