Thursday, August 7, 2008

Down and out.

Ultimate hell week is (finally) over, and it's time to throw down stuff here at this entry:
- 15 pages in three days. Yes 15 pages is the magical number in our Political Theory paper of PoS60. One of the more senior PolSci people told me about her experience with her paper, and she told me that it took her three days to accomplish a meaningful 15 page political paper. So I've tried it for myself. Being stuck with two pages worth of useless content, I started doing my paper seriously on Monday. During the creation of the paper, I was sleeping like at around past 12 and wake up before 5 (since I leave for school at around before 6), and to add things up, I even spent 5 hours STRAIGHT in the library on Tuesday. And when Wednesday night arrived, it was indeed true. Finishing the paper in three days IS possible. So I've spent Thursday for some editing, proofreading and printing, and submitting it today morning. Yes it was a big, big relief.

-Since I bring a car to school, I do feel a bit annoyed at the new U-turn scheme. Because of that, what suppose to be a 20-minute trip to Ateneo becomes a 30 to 40-minute trip thanks to the build up of traffic with the new U-turn slot. As of now, I am praying that MMDA reverts back into the old-school ways of things.

-In relation to my car, I've got may car back from the repair shop yesterday, almost a week after that accident. It's finally back to normal. Credits to the people who have made an effort in repairing my car back to normal.

-For today, my mind is literally DEAD as I had two quizzes in succession and when I mean succession I mean no breaks literally. One was 80 points worth, the other 40 points worth. I managed to do well in the first one, but I screwed up with the second. Oh well you can't get everything. And yes, I share the feeling with my other PolSci Classmates who are in the same situation as mine. PolSci friends, we all deserve this break for the weekend, and we have 4 days to chill before the God unleashes his wrath on our papers :)

-As for the Tai-Chi girl, I was dumfounded at her a while ago in the cafeteria. While buying food, she seems to be lost amidst the crowd, that even after I paid and got my food, she was still there, staring at something else (well she was somehow staring at me . . . ) and still in that lost-amidst-the-crowd state. If I had my camera around, I could have took a picture of it. That scene makes me so remember the cover photo used in the Inquiry section of the Guidon last June.

-Oh well, I should be apologizing our NSTP formator as I wasn't able to make a lesson plan for this week's session. I know what to teach the kids, but with the amount of academic stuff I have been through this week, I wasn't able to take the time to do the lesson plan (well that's why I'm cramming up the lesson for tomorrow tonight).

-And yes, I so deserve this break on the weekend. Stuff to do for the weekend? Do a marathon of the first season of Rome, play Civilization, do some creative photo shiznit, do some Guidon work, AND CHILL OUT. Still trying to convince my mom when we can go to Greenhills to buy new clothes (and I really like to buy new clothes as I'm starting to run out of clothes now :l)

-As for my camera ambitions, the last piece of gear I'll probably buy is the battery grip then I'll keep myself shut from spending for camera stuff. So yeah goodbye 85 1.8 lens. :(

-I want to sleep. And relax. 

-And just to add:

 How come we experience the most
 awkward / exciting / extraordinary / weird / unusual /
WHEN WE LEAST EXPECT IT???"

Damn. The more I try to avoid her, the more I get to see her. And yes, it's strike two for the semester. 

*Bangs head on the wall*
*Silence*

No comments: