And yes although my NSTP session this morning was literally bullsh*t (since in the first place, I did not make a lesson plan due to the hectic schedule this week), as I was really confused with what to teach (where we ended up teaching mostly math again), this day wasn't pure bullsh*t at all.
And the word commend is the magical word of the day.
After NSTP, me, Luis and AJ went out to buy some refreshing ice cream (thanks Luis for 1) the ride, 2) the treat, and 3) for teaching me a new way to avoid the annoying U-turn under the flyover), then ate lunch and had our make up class for PolSci60 with RR Raneses the God.
At the start of our 3 hour long class, he started with saying that "some" got an F in the political theory paper because of plain stupidity of cheating in the formatting and Ds for incomplete stuff. And also, he criticized us for our cramming, which led to convincing our other PoS subjects to move the quiz (which didn't happen, hence, yesterday was called the PolSci hell day as I quote from Pao). And I was really, really scared of my paper.
After all those criticisms, he suddenly changes his mood and commends those who made excellent papers. Unexpectedly, he mentions me as "having a well researched paper, with very credible sources, thus making the paper and its argument very interesting to read." And holy grail to the nth power, my paper was that good, and for God's sake, I still couldn't believe it, considering I sort of bullsh*t my way in doing the paper, doing it "seriously" for three straight days (which includes a half day spent in the library doing all those additional research). And to my amazement, he even uses one of my arguments for our lesson today (Wow. My random thoughts with the paper actually generated something substantive =) ). So yeah, hearing that was a big, big accomplishment for me, especially that I got a unexpectedly high grade (I'm not revealing what my grade is ok ;) ); unexpectedly high in the sense that it doesn't seem to be in proportion with the number of days I actually spent doing the paper. But miracles DO happen. So yes, I bow down to the God for giving me such blessing. :)
Coincidentally, when I went home, my dad surprised me with something. After 8 months since I got a DSL connection at home, I finally have a router too. So now with the powers of WiFi, I can work upstairs at my room (and not be limited to use the 'net at the library downstairs). So yeah, now my 'net is more flexible now. Thanks dad.
Not a bad day at all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment