No wonder being placed in the last batch would be as hell as it could be.
Aside from being jealous of people who get to post their schedules earlier than I could actually post mine, the big reason why being on the last batch sucks is the fact that it radically lowers your chances on getting good teachers.
Upon the start of our last batch (which was 1:30pm, but it actually started a couple of minutes earlier), I immediately rushed to my enlistment for history. At first, I was debating if I would get Asian History or Western History. Interests-wise, I ended up choosing Western because it would talk mostly about Europe and hey, I want to make the most of what I have seen during my European trip four years ago.
The problem was with the teachers. Tirol, who is apparently the students' choice for Western History, was gone (in other words . . . no more slots available). The same was for the second best, who is Manaois. Happily, I was able to get Jalandoni, who my friend says she's a nice and not a terror teacher. Good thing I was able to get her considering that there were only 17 slots left under her, while the rest are for the terror ones. Thank God I avoided a dismal misery in History.
Next came PE. Even if it would mean that I have to wake up early, I still chose Tai-chi since I really like to get this PE as it is a very good way of relaxing myself and preparing for academic-heavy subjects.
Last came NSTP. I felt that I would like teaching instead, so I chose one of the Literary Training Service programs for it. I was almost done enlisting, until my friend Trisha (who at times I call her my sister) was asking for help. She couldn't enlist her subjects with her PC, so I told her that I'll help her. Through the phone, I was guided by her on the classes she would like to enlist for, and yes, I was able to get her preferred classes despite both of us being in the last batch. Since I was the one who enlisted her with her subjects, I decided to change my NSTP on the last minute so that we would be classmates (funny to say but the NSTP she chose had actually more slots than the NSTP I initially chose . . .how funny).
After an hour of tension and fear, everything's done. My schedule comprises of early starts everyday except Fridays, heavy Mondays and Wednesdays, light Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and NSTP for the whole morning on Saturday. with adequate breaks per subject, I could say that my schedule for Second year First Semester is absolutlely fine.
Can't wait to go to class on June 10. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment