Monday, December 28, 2009

Updates, in scrambled egg style.

1) After all, I can't be totally dependent on living with just a laptop. Today, I scouted for some spare parts to speed up our 9-year old IBM NetVista Desktop that has seen very little use ever since most of us use laptops. Aside from the previous upgrades (like having a 160gb external hard drive, adding up a 512mb ram module, in addition to the original 128mb ram, adding Wi-Fi capability, and adding a Superdrive), I decided to pimp our desktop further by boosting the ram (I bought another 512mb from this store my dad visits a lot, and ditched the old 128mb ram). so now, our dear desktop runs on 1GB worth of ram, has a decent Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ processor, Wi-Fi capability, DVD writing abilities, and the power to run at least a Pre-CS era Photoshop and An early version of Lightroom with ease. Not bad, considering I did the upgrading by myself (and spent hours figuring things out on how will it work properly) . Now I have another computer to use to edit photos (and thus, reduce the abuse my MacBook undergoes every time I edit tons of photos).

2) Just after having some workout this morning, I went to the scale and checked my height. To my surprise, my height increased by a inch (which now makes me 5'7). So that means I'm still growing, and I have hopes of being taller (and be less insecure of my tall cousins). And in addition, it somewhat motivates me to work out. Sometimes when I look at the mirror, I am somewhat happy with my obese-looking figure (of which my parents aren't really happy about). As I look at the mirror, I don't see myself as really obese or what not (or maybe I am just too secure about myself that weight issues were never my worry, considering my weight has remained unchanged for years)

3) In terms of money, tomorrow I have to manage my Christmas money and other savings. So far, I've saved enough for my "camera insurance" (aka the money for possible camera repairs, since I am quite expecting my camera to break down, given how much I have used it). As for my other savings, my inner self has been bugging me about THAT lens (the 85mm 1.8 I've been dreaming of, that I have almost purchased but fail to do so because of certain, unexpected circumstances, and some mindless spending), so starting next year, I'll start saving up for it (and avoid spending on clothes and shoes this time, as for 2009 I've spent most of my money there), and I don't care if I have to sacrifice a lot of things for it. If you want an item, you will work hard for it. and this time I want to show to my parents that I will save up for it (and not ask them to buy it for me). A challenging objective, but I am determined to do this.

4) Speaking of my camera, now my DSLR is officially 2 years old, and after around 39000 clicks (yes I meticulously monitored the shutter count all these years HAHA), and after multiple abuses and battle scars, and after multiple upgrades, Erika is still up and fighting, always ready for my next shoot. So far there's not that much interesting thing to shoot, so this is one of those rare times that my DSLR is in my closet, not seeing any form of use. Erika sure deserves a break, after shooting many events in all these months.

5) When I was talking about my alter ego acting up on me in my previous post, I just figured out that my alter ego seems to help me in positive ways. These days, I manage to read out assigned readings, step up a bit in terms of responsibility, and becoming a bit more willing to do chores (unlike my lazy self). For some strange reason, my alter ego is teaching me to be a more responsible and practical person. After all, I do not need to hate the fact that my alter ego is acting up on me.

6) For the first time, I plan to print select photos I took for this year. I just realized that after reviewing the shots I have made for this year, that some are very-print worthy. And aside from printing them, I also plan to give some of the prints to my friends (who are in that photo, of course), as a gift and as a fact that they were a part of those photographs which I admired and proud of.

This is what is going through my mind so far. Just three more days before this year comes to an end, and I wonder what big thing can possibly happen in those last three days. I really do hope so something big happens though. Just hoping.

No comments: