Sunday, July 19, 2009

Moving on . . . , and on that feeling, and other things to ponder about

So last Monday made an official statement: I am no longer part of Guidon. I couldn't really say if I screwed up of what, but there comes to a point that you cannot force something to love you back. As much as I loved being part of Guidon, it does not love me back (in a figurative sense, obviously), so yeah, the 3 month long battle of getting my reputation back was a failure. Although I could have made a reconsideration letter though, I decided not to. sometimes, you have to move on.

As I moved on, I was quite not used to this place called the Gonzaga Exhibit and Dance Studio, the place where the guys and girls of the Company of Ateneo Dancers (CADS) practice their awesome dancing skills. I had two photoshoots for them (since now that I am an official member of that org, which signals the "moving on" stage I am experiencing right now), and boy, the girls are not just pretty and cute, but they like all have really perky attitudes. In fact, they are fun to be with, especially when it comes to taking photos. Another thing I seem NOT used to it, however, is the clingy nature of the girls. Being a guy who is not really the touchy type, I am really lost every time a girl suddenly comes close to me, gives me a hug, or simply is nangigigil with me. But nonetheless, I would get used to this kind of nature they have. After all, these girls are really adorable.

Academics-wise, I am quite on a good mood for it, given a good B for my first Economics long test, a couple of decent quizzes for Histo165 (which, are all surprise quizzes), and some good participation points for all of my PolSci classes. Added also is the fact that Philosophy constantly enriches my mind on how I view the world and other things, calling my Philosophy class as my "food for the soul". Honestly, I do not know why a lot of people dread philosophy, because personally, I find philosophy a subject that is fun to learn.

Of course with all the good vibes, I would not forget that this world is imperfect, and therefore the existence of Bad Vibes. For this week, I had a couple of them, from JEEP enlistment and schedule conflict blues, to some bitch stealing my umbrella, to me running in the rain without an umbrella, and to an extremely delayed call for the suspension of classes. sure these things would have probably fucked up my life, but I just . . . move on. Shit happens anyway, so the best thing is move on.

Adventures-wise, I had a good time learning some additional history about pre-colonial Philippines with my visit (together with my partner, Joe Umali) to the "Crossroads to Civilization" exhibit at Ayala Museum. The price for the tickets is quite worth it, as there were lots of relics on display, portraying what is the pre-colonial Filipino culture. And to think gold for them was as common as money, they even use it for their belts! How I wish it was something like that today (but on the hindsight . . . if it were like that, then it's going to look like gold as a commodity hahaha). As for my photo adventures, I am having a grand time with it, plus the fact that I got acquainted with other photographers who are good as well. For this week, I learned on the use of strobist lights (thanks to Lester Echem), and the use of multiple flashes via wireless trigger (which I thank Paul Cang for lending me his 580EX II for a shoot). Also, I would like to congratulate the boys behind the Blue Eagles team, for an awesome 3-0 record, with a outstanding play against UST a while ago. Way to go, Blue Eagles!

Lastly, speaking of the "feeling", I have found myself gaining that feeling again with this adorable, perky, cute, and nice girl whose name is CyBel. I first got to know her during a debut of my friend, and come to think of it, she's really crushable (no wonder a lot guys like her). Being in the celebrity state she is (she's quite well known in campus), I wouldn't wonder if there are tons of admirers of her. After all, her perky attitude and her being adorable, like a care bear, would make you understand why even me would like this girl. And she's fun to talk with as well. So far, I am guessing that she knows that I like her, but I am still curious on the part on why when I told her that I joined CADS (her org), she was so giddy about it. I want to figure that one out.

'til the next blog!

No comments: