Ok let's not get too excited on that because I am in a real mood to write a long blog now (since I finished reading Sobrino, and people who know Sobrino would consider it an achievement if they get to understand this crazy Jesuit) . . . .
So starting off with the morning, I bumped into Darren's girl (well not that she is his girlfriend already, but I know he's sort of near to that) Erica, then stayed with our class nigger Martin (just kidding man; that's how we love each other as high school classmates). Talked about girls and the life of accounting, topics that interest me a lot (even if I never had accounting or will never have one). For the girls, we were talking to who we think are the pretty ones in campus (but by now it should be understood that it is not necessary that I say a girl is pretty that I have a crush on her, alright?). A couple of R18-rated stuff got involved as well (I don't want to get in detail about this . . . )
Then went straight to the library to study Spivak for PoS61. For crying out loud, she has to be the worst political theory author I have ever encountered so far. Like I can live with reading tons of pages of works by Arendt, Foucault, or Marx, but reading a mere 60 pages of her work on the subaltern drives me nuts. Even if I went to PoS60 class discussing her work, my mind was literally dead as I can't comprehend what is her main point of argument in her work. Even my other classmates died reading her work. Blame post-structural theorists. Their works aren't meant to be understood.
Leaving the class with a dead brain, there was this girl who smiled and waved at me as I was in the Zen garden. Thanks to the Psychological concept called "retrieval failure", it took me a while before I realize that it was Angie (aka eye candy girl and possible Guidon crush) who was smiling and waving at me. Her hair was less curly than before, that's why I almost failed to recognize her.
Anyways, as Psych class approached, I had fun learning a lot about coping stress, that I feel it is usable in real life, just like other Psychological concepts discussed. Now this makes me wish that I could have took Psych as my major, or be an IS major with a Comm track combined with it (or with PolSci or Socio instead). Or maybe I can take it as my minor.
Then with PoS53, I had a fail moment as I lacked one friggin' interview, and because of that I got a C+ overall wherein I could have gotten a B+ overall if not for that folly (hey, C+ ain't bad, pero sayang pa rin eh. Wasted opportunity much). But the real good news came by the fact that LYJ decided to curve our grades. This gives me much more hope of NOT failing her subject. Hooray.
As I went to the library to gather research material for our PoS paper under LYJ, I was caught off-guard by seeing Mita along with her friends. Damn. My heart beat went so fast and I was excessively sweating after it. Just when you realize that first love never dies, and to think I've been bumping to her like almost everyday now. And the fail part? I didn't greet her nor even said hi to her.
Anyways, I went back to the Pub to get back my EBR requirements (which I left accidentally. . . . FAIL). Now I feel more pressured by the fact that even if I am done, my co-aspirants have longer comprehensive plans, and when I mean long I mean like 20 pages plus. I made mine with 10 and 1/4 page. Now that's bothering me a lot right now. I just hope that whatever I placed in the plans they are relevant enough and likewise convincing enough for the senior editors (and to add, I am doing my requirements NOT because I want Jan to be impressed at me, but to convince ALL of the senior editors that I deserve to be the next News editor). Well as for my odds prediction scale, I determined it as 40/40/20: 40% I will be the next News Editor, the other 40% Bea will be the next News Editor, and 20% neither of us will be chosen (and of course no one likes the outcome of the latter).
Going back, I went to Matteo after that to study Sobrino (and thankfully I am getting to understand Sobrino's points, unlike Spivak). Then played a couple of games in my laptop, and a dose of OC-ness struck me as I redesigned my laptop's desktop to be less cluttered. Then before going home, I saw Jan, who is probably done with her finals, relaxing with one of the computers at Matteo, and unlike my encounter with Angie and Mita, I waved at Jan with a smile and a dash of being sentimental at the same time (she's graduating pretty soon, might as well cherish the last few moments I'll be seeing her in campus).
And there's to a day that resembles a twilight of February as March is fast approaching.
And speaking of March, my schedule is so lovable . . . NOT
First week: I have a major group paper due, an orals for PoS60, and EB Race panel interviews, plus Guidon work.
Second week: I have a paper presentation, a long test in Psych, and a Spanish Written AND Oral exam that falls under a Friday the 13th day
Third week: I have a Spanish project due and a culminating activity, then starting off with finals with PoS53, and of course other final exams
Fourth week: A major requirement for PoS61, and then finals continue here, and the final judgement will be known here. If I succeed, I might do my final revelation to Jan (which is telling her that overly-used three words, eight letter phrase during the turnover night). If I didn't, then I will not fret; at least I gave it my best shot.
Anyways, that's all I want to talk about right now. Adios amigos!
No comments:
Post a Comment