Yes, the race is officially on.
After asking myself on whether I'd opt for JTA in America for PolSci or join the Editorial Board (EB) race in the Guidon, I decided to choose the latter.
Why not JTA?
1) I'll never make it: They're getting the top 10 students in all PolSci Courses of our batch. There's 6 of them alone in the AB-MA PoS people. And I'm not really doing that fantastic (but still above average :D)
2) Funds!: My dad is not willing enough to shoulder the expenses should I decide to stay in the US. It's expensive to live in the US, that's why.
3) Too dependent: I still can't imagine myself living alone, doing everything by myself. I'd probably die if I do so. I'd miss the fact that I'm sort of spoiled by my family at home.
But why the EB race after all?
1) A dying breed: I'm the last of the "New-Age" era News staffers. That obviously means something you know, like fighting for survival.
2) High expectations: A big majority of the "New-Age" era EB people actually came from the News Staff. And since I'm part of that era, I should do run for EB as well, as they really expect a lot from me.
3) A need to step up: Since I'll be a junior soon, I guess I should something so that at least I can make myself of something significant in College (since my desire for that DL seems to be a herculean task for me ever since).
So there. I'm running for News Editor and the battle officially starts now. Combine it with my crazy academic stuff (and should I say, social life). and this semester is absolutely the dreaM Semester (why is the letter M in "dreaM" capitalized? That's one thing I'll keep as a secret for now).
And speaking of dreams, I am actually amazed on how I was able to get all my basic camera gear (the Battery Grip, the Flash, the Tele lens, the Prime lens, extra batteries and CFs and a remote as a bonus) in just less than a year, WITH my own money. Dreams can be made true after all. As long as you want to pursue that dream, nothing is impossible.
After all, that Adidas tagline is indeed true after all.
Ok. Time to get ready for the race of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment